- Hospitality volunteers make every Sunday morning possible. They assemble bulletins, welcome first-time guests, and recruit volunteers to help take the offering during worship.
- The Connections team serves as the main information hub on Sundays. Volunteers can be found at the Connect table in the lobby, directing new visitors and helping our community get connected.
- Communion volunteers set up the elements for communion on Sundays and recruit servers on the spot. Serving communion is the easiest volunteer position to jump into on a Sunday morning!
- Coffee Bar
- Finally, a church group for coffee enthusiasts! Coffee bar volunteers serve up locally-roasted cold brew, lattes, and teas, and set up our self-serve drip coffee and donuts. Donations from our coffee bar support the work of Free the Captives.
- The Baptism team commits to encouraging and supporting those who want to be baptized or rededicate themselves to Christ. Volunteers help coordinate baptisms leading up to and on Baptism Sundays.
- StoryKids volunteers help share the love of Jesus with kids in PreK through 3rd grade. Volunteers facilitate an age-appropriate worship experience with Bible-based drama, videos, arts, crafts, and a simple message. A background check is required for this team.
- Middle School Small Groups
- Middle School Small Group leaders facilitate age-appropriate discussion, help build community, and lead service opportunities on Sunday mornings and beyond. A background check is required for this team.
- The production team works behind the scenes, ensuring services run smoothly. Volunteers help run slides, livestream cameras, and take photos during services and at events.
- The worship team at The Story Houston leads the community in corporate worship to God. An audition is required for this team.
- Church Under the Bridge
- The Story Houston partners with 1000 Hills Ministry, an organization fighting homelessness in our city. On the third Wednesday of every month, we gather to serve food to over 100 of our homeless neighbors, to lead worship, and most importantly share the love of Christ. There are many different ways to serve at Church Under the Bridge, depending on what you are comfortable with. Some opportunities include providing a couple of casseroles, filling out prayer requests with the homeless, opening the service in prayer, or even sharing the message. Volunteers should be 5+.
- Houston Welcomes Refugees
- Houston Welcomes Refugees’ mission is to help ease the resettlement process for refugees coming to Houston by mobilizing invested, caring volunteers and fostering hope amidst crisis. They accomplish this through donation drives of household necessities, putting together teams to help refugees set up and move into their new homes, and creating small groups that commit to a six-month journey of welcoming the refugees as they arrive and adjust to their new lives.
- Lifehouse of Houston
- LifeHouse is a Christ-centered ministry ensuring life for unborn children by providing opportunities for housing, help and hope for young women during their pregnancies and beyond. LifeHouse seeks to reach women with the life-changing power of the gospel of Jesus. Most women find LifeHouse at their point of greatest desperation. Pregnant, homeless, lacking any family or support system, they enter the doors of LifeHouse to meet Jesus with skin on. The Story Houston sends out a team every second Saturday of the month to serve breakfast and share the hope of Jesus through a short devotional and prayer.
- Jubilee Prison Ministry
- The Story Houston has played a critical role in the phenomenal growth of Jubilee Prison Ministry, which is now preaching the gospel in nine prisons across Texas. The objective of Jubilee Weekend is a spiritual change through a labor of love for all involved. We aim to “talk less, listen more, love always and without reservation.” Volunteers from The Story Houston have spent hundreds of hours inside Texas prisons sharing the gospel with inmates, and being transformed themselves in the process.
- Covenant House Texas
- Covenant House is a faith-based organization that provides an extensive continuum of care to homeless youth including counseling, vocational training, pastoral care, transitional and permanent living programs while providing basic necessities such as food, clothing, medical care, and safe shelter from the streets for youth in crisis. The Story Houston sends a team to serve our brothers and sisters on the street the first Tuesday of every month. You can expect to distribute meals, supplies, and information to homeless communities in the area as well as provide a ride to the shelter on the spot.
- GO Ministries
- GO Ministries partners with local leaders across the island who desire to redeem people, renew their communities and restore creation by forming dynamic mutually transformational partnerships. GO empowers leaders primarily through church planting, and through nutrition centers, medical clinics, sports outreach, primary schools, ongoing training, water purification projects, and kingdom businesses. Over the last three years, 100 adults, teens, and children from The Story Houston have traveled to the Dominican Republic to build relationships with local leaders, to support GO’s church planting initiatives, and to serve through GO’s (all-age) sports outreach.
If your organization is interested in partnering with The Story Church, fill out our online application form.
Prayer & Care Team
- PRAYER TEAM
- Team members commit to praying daily for prayer requests submitted during weekly worship or through The Story’s website. They also send notes to those they are praying for. Each team member is scheduled to serve one week every six weeks.
- CARE TEAM
- Team members receive training on basics of prayer and care ministries and can serve through: hospital and nursing home visitations, meal trains for families or individuals who are in need, or connecting with new/expecting moms to offer care and support.