The Story Church is on a mission to inspire non-religious people to follow Jesus. How? By liberating Jesus from the limitations of religion. Religion is about good behavior and living in fear. Jesus came to give us a better way.
- We believe that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, the Creator and Preserver of all things, infinite in being and perfection. He exists eternally in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, who are equal in power and glory.
- We strive for ministry that is full of grace and full of truth.
- We are committed to reaching people that no one else is reaching.
- We are committed to relational discipleship.
- We are engaged in being the practical hands and feet of Christ in our communities.
- We affirm the sovereignty of God to spiritually gift all believers according to His will. It is our responsibility to equip those saints for their calling and giftedness in ministry.
- We affirm that Christian marriage and sexual intimacy are good gifts from God. In keeping with the teachings of Scripture historically and throughout the Church universal, we believe that marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union. We believe that God intends faithfulness in marriage and celibacy in singleness.
- We affirm the faith delivered to the saints as articulated in the Nicene Creed, the Apostle’s Creed, and the EUB Confession of Faith.